If your doctor says that you need surgery, ask about interventional radiology options. Interventional radiology is one of the biggest advances in medical practice, offering treatments that offer less risk and much less pain than open surgery.
- Interventional radiology treatments are a well-accepted choice for conditions such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer, uterine fibroids, varicose veins and many other common and serious medical issues.
- Interventional radiology treatment options are particularly important for patients who are in frail health or who have already undergone numerous surgeries.
Interventional radiology treatments represent modern medicine at its best. By expertly deploying the power of the least invasive and most advanced image-guided technology, IR treatments reduce the length of hospital stays, minimize potential complications, and save lives.
Interventional radiologists use imaging tools like MRIs and ultrasounds to carefully guide instruments through incisions that are so tiny, patients often may not require any stitches afterwards.
Our number-one priority is patient care. We specialize in uniquely targeted interventions and we work hand-in-hand with other members of the comprehensive medical care team to ensure that patients get the right treatment with the best possible outcome.
- Interventional radiologists are an important part of your care over time, from initial consultation to coordinating follow-up care. Working with an interventional radiologist gives health care providers and patients unparalleled access to clinical experience and dedicated expertise in IR.
- Interventional radiologists are on the front lines of clinical advances and the use of new image-guided technologies. We provide comprehensive counsel and expert application of IR treatments, particularly in complex and challenging medical situations.
- Interventional radiologist researchers, supported by SIR Foundation, work with health care providers from across different medical specialties to advance patient-centered care.